- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs mint
- 2 quarts filtered water
- 2-6 T. apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Slice lemon and cucumber as thinly as possible. Divide into 2 separate quart sized bottles or mason jars.
- Pluck mint leaves from stems and divide into jars.
- Fill to the top with water, leaving room for as much apple cider vinegar as you want. I put 3 tablespoons into 32 oz of water, but love the taste of vinegar, so I suggest starting at 1 tablespoon and going up from there, tasting as you go and stopping when you feel like it is about to get too vinegary.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Carry with you throughout the day. Enjoy!
Question of the Day:Did you love to eat or drink anything totally strange as a kid? Or now?
Besides pickle juice, I would eat cottage cheese drizzled with olive oil and soy sauce! I can’t imagine eating that now, but apparently I inhaled it as a kid. The weirdest thing I like to do now is add celery to my goat yogurt and berries. Don’t ask why, because I really don’t know. Something about the crunch, I suppose. That might explain why I like to put chia seeds on everything as well.